Happy Paisley Birthday

One can never have too many birthday cards, right? Add this one to my stash! This card is for both the color challenge, and the sketch challenge over at SCS. I tried and tried to get a good CC card yesterday, to no avail. Everyone seemed to be using flowers, so I wanted to steer clear of that path. Well, I didn't have much luck! So when the SC was posted today, a lightbulb went off in my head, and I thought of these little paisleys from the Polka Dots and Paisleys set SU! gave to all its demonstrators for Christmas. You see, I had already stamped the teal piece of cs with my Paisley bg stamp, and distressed and sponged it with navy ink yesterday and I'd have hated to let it go to waste! *grin* So I mounted that piece on to a Whisper White card base, and cut and distressed an angled strip of Night of Navy cs to go under the main images. I colored the paisleys with my navy and teal markers, then "huffed" and stamped them on white cs. Then I cut them out, and mounted them on dimensionals. In the center of each of the flowers are tiny rhinestone bling stickers. I added the sentiment from Happy Everything to the bottom portion of the card in navy ink. As a finishing touch, I added some white Prima flowers (with rhinestone bling in the centers) to the top and bottom corners. This scan really doesn't do the card justice! The colors are much more vibrant IRL. But, I couldn't get a decent picture either, so I had to settle for the scan! ;)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

This is so cool. I thought of the paisley too. I guess great minds think alike!

Very cool!

Cyndi said...

Love this, so cute. great colors!