Country Delight . . . .

It's Tuesday again!!! ;) Time for the SCS color challenge - Brocade Blue, Bravo Burgundy, and Night of Navy. Today I reached for my Delight in Life SAB stamp set, and decided to play around with creating a watercolored background. First I cut a piece of Whisper White cs to 4 1/4" x 3 1/2". I stamped the large outline flower in navy ink, then I grabbed my aquapainter and watercolored in the negative spaces with brocade ink. Next I inked up the solid flower image with burgundy ink, and misted the stamp before centering them inside the outlined blooms. I matted the focal panel onto navy and burgundy cs, and stamped the brocade card base with my Linen BG. I notched the top left corner with my horizontal slot punch so I could thread through the white narrow organdy and burgundy gingham ribbons. Finally I inked the sentiment using my navy and burgundy markers, punched it with my key tag punch, and popped it up on dimensionals. The result looks very country to me, hence the title ;) Hopin' to be able to play some more later! *grin*

6 comments:

Jen said...

Very cute and very country!!

Lisa said...

This is very cute! I love your watercolour background. The ribbon is pretty cute too!

Cyndi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cyndi said...

Very nice Card Teresa! Love the challenges!

Allison said...

Lovely work here!

love2Bcreative said...

Ohh!! This is soo cute Teresa! Love the layout and the colors!!
Appears as though I have lots to get caught up on here!! You have been busy girl!! lol
TFS~