Contraband!!!

I don't pull them out often, but every once in awhile I love to play with my non-SU! stamps. This is another card for this week's Sketch Challenge at SCS, and the colors were inspired by the cover of the new issue of Stampin' Success that was posted online this morning. I'm not going to get into them here, but lemme just say that there are some exciting changes ahead in my little stamping world! *grin* Anyway, there is a little shelf above my stamp desk where I temorarily place new non-SU! stamps when I get them. This helps me to remember that they are there, and hopefully they will see ink before too very long. For this card, I started with an Old Olive base and stamped it with my Paisley BG stamp. The Rose Red accent piece is stamped with the dots from Polka Dots & Paisley and mounted onto Chocolate Chip cs. The focal piece is a flower from Big Pieces that I inked with my Rose Red and More Mustard markers, then stamped onto Naturals White cs. The circular sentiment stamp is one of my recent finds in the $1 bins at Michaels and reads "of all possessions, a FRIEND is the MOST PRECIOUS" - herodotus. So true, right? It is stamped over the flower in Chocolate Chip ink. I also notched the corners with my ticket corner punch. Behind the main image is a piece of Marigold Morning cs that I stamped with some Hero Arts ribbon stamps (gingham and loop) that I received from my last secret sister, Valerie (simplypink). I stamped then in marigold ink and created a stripey pattern. That piece is mounted onto chocoalte cs, and I added rose red brads in the corners to finish off the look. And of course, no card is complete without ribbon and this is no exception! I added a strip of stitched chocolate ribbon from my friend, Cyndi (cpw3431) underneath the main image panel. I am lovin' these colors together, and I am quite happy with how well everything combined itself together! ;)

6 comments:

Colleen said...

Very pretty! Love it. TFS

Allison said...

I know I commented on SCS (at least I think I did)...but I love this card! Such a cool color combo!

Alli said...

Cute card Teresa, but then all of your cards are awesome!

Lisa said...

This is too cute! I love the color combo!

Kristine said...

I just came across your blog, and I'm SOOOO adding your blog link to mine!! :0) I just LOVE YOUR STYLE!! Your mini album and swap card, and the cardboard heart one...they're all soooo fun, pretty, clean and soo CASE-worthy :0)

Renee said...

What a gorgeous card. The colors are perfect. I see a trip to M's soon! Great card, great blog, great everything!
Renee
happystamper05 SCS