Bucket Full of Blooms . . . .

Aren't they lovely? One of the first accessories I purchased for my Cuttlebug was the Flower #1( set of 4) 2x2 dies, and these little beauties were the reason why! I was inspired by iris and 11Valerie11 over at Splitcoaststampers to make some of these embellished giant paperclips. I went out and purchased the supplies earlier in the week. Yesterday I received some fabulous happy mail from my dear friend, Lori (stamp_momma) which included a sampling of the new Petals and Paisleys designer series paper which will be featured in the upcoming SU! Spring Mini catalog! *giddies* I wanted to try them out right away, of course! So I decided they would be perfect for these clippies! To start, I cut out 10 large flowers, and 5 tiny flowers from my stash of blank chipboard coasters with my Cuttlebug. BTW~ when I first ordered 100 of these babies I wondered what I was doing. Now I think I am running kinda low!!! ;) Next I cut out 10 large flowers from the Petals & Paisleys ds paper and 5 small flowers from assorted cardstock colors. I adhered the papers to the chipboard flowers using my UHU Scrapbookers glue pen. The back flowers use the reverse side of the paper used on the front flowers. Then I punched a hole in the center of the tiny flowers and attached a silver brad. Then I glued the tiny flowers to the front of 5 of the large flowers, again using my UHU Scrapbookers glue pen. To adhere hte flowers to the giant paperclips, I used E6000 adhesive, which is a strong craft glue. It need to sit for quite awhile to set, and you need to use it in a well-ventilated area, but once it is dry it holds really strongly! Anyway, I think these are really cute to use as bookmarks or to organize special papers, etc. I am really lovin' these new papers from the mini and am sooooo thankful to Lori for thinking to send me some sneak peek goodies! ;)

8 comments:

ApocalipsisR said...

*likes them a lot. Great job T!

Jackie said...

Those are great - I bought that same die yesterday after seeing so many of the big clips with them. I tried it with another die and it worked fine, but I adhered the paper to the chipboard first, using a glue stick, and it cuts down on the time a bit.

Lisa said...

These are beautiful. I have my giant clips just waiting to be used. :)

Karen said...

Adorable!

AJ said...

mt brand spankin' new walmart supercenter DID NOT have these darned jumbo clips! Your are fabulous! love 'em!

Tammy said...

too stinkin' cute!

love2Bcreative said...

my wal mart doesnt have these either!!! wahh!! i want to try these soo bad too!!!
these look supah' Teresa!!
TFS~

Cyndi said...

Teresa

These are soooo cute. Can't wait till I can find the clips. Haven't been able toget my hands on any yet!