Blushing Love . . . .

Life just throws things at us sometimes, KWIM? It has been a hectic week here, but it is *finally* calming down a bit and I got a chance to play! This card is for this week's Sketch Challenge on SCS. I decided to play with my Basic Grey Blush collection papers some more. Not much stamping going on here, but at least the vision of the card in my head came out as planned! The patterned papers are sponged with chocolate ink and matted onto Chocolate Chip cs, and the card base is Blush Blossom. I painted the piece from my OnBoard Chipboard with white Making Memories scrapbook paint and mounted it on dimensionals. I tied some ribbons on the right side: the brown dotted satin is by American Crafts, the pink in a velvet ribbon from my Secret Sister from last round, Valerie (simplypink). The "X" and "O" are from the Headline Alphabet and are stamped in Close to Cocoa ink, and the love sentiment, from Wonderful Words is stamped in Chocolate Chip ink. Aside from the challenge, I was inspired to make this card after seeing the new Basic Grey card kits featuring the Blush collection papers. Too cute!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

This is super adorable!! I love the blush papers.
I really love your card. :)

Kathy said...

This card is super cute! I may have to CASE you, minus the Blush papers which I don't have, for dh's Valentine's card.

AJ said...

Love this layout~ great quote also, so true!