Blush Blocks . . . .

I made this card today for the Sketch Challenge over at SCS. I *adore* the Blush collection of papers by Basic Grey, and decided to pull them out once again. *grin* I played around a bit with layering on this card. I wanted each element to have its own attention. So, if you notice the laregest panel has a medium mat, the sentiment has a larger mat, and the small patterned panel has two tiny mats. I also chose not to add another panel where the brads are, because I wanted to see the caribbean colored background paper showing through a bit more than it was. I repeated my layering play on the base layers of the card as well. Cardstock used is Chocolate Chip and Blush Blossom (of course!) and the patterned papers are all from the Basic Grey "Blush" line. Ink colors are Chocolate Chip and Close to Cocoa. The sentiment is from the Happy Harmony SAB set from SU! I used my edge distresser on most of the layers as well, for added dimension. The vintage brads are distressed a bit with a hammer. The flower is cut from a chipboard coaster using my Cuttlebug and Flower #1 dies. The paper and button are adhered to the flower using my UHU Scrapbookers glue pen. I don't really do alot of layouts like this, but it was a fun challenge!

4 comments:

Allison said...

So cute...love the Basic Grey DP!

Lisa said...

Amazing as usual!!!!!

Michelle said...

WOW, that is so gorgeous! Great job with the sketch challenge! (I also love Basic Grey).

love2Bcreative said...

Love the layout of this card --- so unique!
TFS~