Watercolored Dream . . . .

I'm back! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday - I sure did! I have been eyeing this stamp set for the longest time (I am a sucker for flowers) and I finally got it as one of my Chrstimas gifts - yippee! And of course I had to try it out right away - lol! Since I was out shopping most of the day yesterday I didn't have time to do the color challenge, so I combined it with today's sketch challenge. I started with the bottom panel. I stamped the fern stamp (upside down) repeatedly in caribbean ink on the Cool Caribbean cs, sometimes stamping off beforehand. For some reason, this image in this color reminds me of juniper. I mounted this panel onto Vintage Violet cs. Next I stamped the Print Pattern background in Versammark onto the Rose Red card base, and stamped the French Script background over it in Rose Red ink. For the main image, I stamped the flower onto white cs that had been misted with water. Then I misted them again, and used my heat tool to dry it more quickly. I sponged the edges with violet ink, and mounted the panel onto Rose Red and Vintage Violet cs. The {DREAM} sentiment is from the Think Big stamp set, and it stamped in Rose Red ink. The main image panel is popped up on dimensionals. As a final touch, I added a strip of violet stitched grosgrain ribbon and an antique brass buckle from my Hodgepodge Hardware kit. I was able to stamp a few projects on Christmas Eve as well, so I will share those with you in a bit! Happy stamping! ;)


3 comments:

Lisa said...

This is absolutely fabulous. I have come to expect no less. :)

love2Bcreative said...

Oh Dear Teresa ~ I absolutely LOVE this card! Love the colors, Love the layout...love it love it love it!!! MMMM!!!!
TFS~

love2Bcreative said...

Oh Dear Teresa ~ I absolutely LOVE this card! Love the colors, Love the layout...love it love it love it!!! MMMM!!!!
TFS~