Trimming the Tree . . . .

As we are all getting ready for the upcoming holiday, I thought I would share with you what I spent the majority of my free time this weekend doing. A few weeks ago, my friend Amanda posted a tutorial on her blog for making these beautiful Pinecone Ball Ornaments. They look so complicated to make, so though I sat in awe of her gorgeous creations, I had no real intention of trying to make them myself. Well, I started seeing them pop up in the gallery over at Splitcoaststampers and on many of the other blogs I read, and I thought perhaps they are not as complicated as I first thought. After re-reading Amanda's tutorial I thought, "Hey! I *can* (maybe) do this!" ;) So, I set out to get the necessary supplies and give it a go! Anyway, Amanda did such a fabulous job creating the tutorial, so I am *not* going to give you directions for these here. If you are interested in making some for yourself or to give as gifts (I made 2 of those too!), please visit Amanda's blog, {INKSPIRATIONS} through the link on the right. I will tell you that I used SU!'s Holiday Thyme designer series paper to create these two ornaments, as well as wide organdy ribbon in gold and white. You will also need 3" styrofoam balls and 19mm applique pins to complete the project. And a thimble *might* come in handy! ;) For all other details, please check out Amanda's tutorial. On another note, I want to apologize for not getting anything posted sooner, however this weekend proved to be quite a busy one for us, as I'm sure it was for some of you as well. Please know that I did not intend to leave you "hanging", so to speak, and I will try to be more diligent in the future!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Gorgeous balls Teresa!!!! :)

ApocalipsisR said...

I like your balls ;)teehee

Renee said...

Don't worry about a thing. It's the holidays. I enjoy visiting your blog daily but I can certainly understand if you have to do other things.
Your pinecones turned out great!
Rubber Hugs,
Renee

Lisa said...

Beautiful.......my friend has made these for years! But with ribbon. I always declined learning cause it was too fussy!LOL Great job!