A special project . . . .

*wink* This is a gift for a friend of mine from the Chatter group on SCS that I am meeting up with tomorrow. I wanted to make her a little something, and this is what I came up with. It is an Altoid sized tin that I altered and made a mini book/album for the inside. I used my new Sellabration Just Delightful Simply Scrappin' Kit. For the top of the tin, I adhered a piece of the striped patterned paper. The blue piece is a cardstock sticker from the cute, which I stamped with the sentiment from the coordinating Delight in Life stamp set in artichoke ink. I added some small cs sticker flowers, and mounted the piece onto some Always Artichoke cs and trimmed. I punched the holes on either side, and added some sheer white narrow organdy ribbon, which wraps around the box and acts as a closure. For the mini book/album insert, I took a piece of 3.5x12 Certainly Celery cs, and scored it every 2 1/8". There was a small strip left at the end, which I removed. Next, I rounded all the corners of the book. For the cover, I used a piece of the striped paper on the bottom and a white scalloped square punchie at the top. I adhered a strip of ricrak cs sticker along the seam of the paper, and added a flower cs sticker over that. On the bottom I used another cs sticker, and attached it using celery brads. For the pages of the book I used alternating designs. There are blank spaces left for the recipient to add photos and journaling. The first, third, and fifth pages have the striped paper at the bottom of the page. Then they each have a square cs sticker layered onto a white scalloped square punchie. The first says "inspire", the second says "create", and the third says "smile". The squares also have ricrak cs strips and small cs flower, which are adhered with a soft subtles brad in the center. The second and fourth pages are coverd with the flourished floral patterned paper. They have vellum pockets at the bottom, which are attched using silver

brads. Inside the pockets are tags, which are made of white cs backed with celery cs to make them a bit more sturdy. They are stamped with the dot pattern from Delight in Life in celery ink. Along the bottom are three small flowers, stamped in rose, saffron, and bashful ink then cut out and adhered to the tag. The tops are punched with the horizontal slot punch and have ties of celery grosgrain and white narrow organdy ribbon. I think it is a cute little book - hopefully she will like it!

5 comments:

love2Bcreative said...

Oh how cool!! She had to this this was just *IT* love your vellum pockets and all.....
TFS~

Karen said...

This is so adorable! She will really love it.
Karen

Lisa said...

I just love what you did with this!

I bet C did too! :)

AJ said...

This is an awesome project!!!

Cyndi said...

Ok I am slow getting here to post!

This was just the most cutest little thing! I love it. My kids were very impressed with it to, especially my son if you can believe it!

So, so wonderful thank you so much!