Something for me . . . .

This mini clipboard was one of my Christmas Eve projects. I thought I would make something for myself, since everything I have made lately has been for gifts. I purchased a few of these at Staples awhile back, and they have been sitting on my desk ever since. I had the idea of adding one of my giant Primas to the handle of the clip part, so that is where I started. The ribbon actually is tied onto the handle and pulled through the center of the flower before it was tied into a bow. So it is pretty and functional! The ribbon is made by American Crafts. I also love paisley, and the colors of this paper are fabulous! It is made by My Mind's Eye and is in the Kaleidoscope line. For the monogram, I used a Hero Arts clear stamp which is part of a set of everything "T" which I received from my last secret sister. I stamped it onto Gable Green cardstock, then cut it out and stamped it with my Paisley BG in Gable Green ink. I added faux stitching with my Signo white gel pen to make it stand out a bit more. To adhere the paper to the clipboard I used my UHU twist & glue. I trimmed the edges and sanded, then covered the entire piece with Modgepodge to provide a protective coating. The back is painted white using Memory Makers scrapbook paint. Right now, it is just looking so cute sitting on my shelf!

1 comments:

love2Bcreative said...

This is just too cute and ~Kewl~ Teresa!! I need to give this a try ~ did you do just one coat of Modge?
TFS~