So much to do, so little time . . . .

Christmas is getting closer!!! I have so much yet to do. I have been racing around the past few days trying to get all my packages ready to mail. That also meant finishing my swap cards that are due just after Christmas. I already shared one with you last week, and here is the final version of the second one. It all started with the acetate overlay. I really wanted to try this out, and since my friend Jody was kind enough to send me an entire box of them, this was the perfect opportunity. I was inspired by a card on SCS to make a frame with the flourish image from the Delight in Life stamp set on the acetate using white StazOn ink. I really like the white StazOn, although I have heard several complaints about it, but it works well in my opinion. For the color combo, I was inspired by the color scheme of the Enchante designer paper from SU!'s Winter Mini. Since I don't own it (yet) I used some of my paper from the Just Delightful Simply Scrappin' Kit. I stamped the background of the Perfect Plum card base with the solid flower image in plum ink. Next I inked the word "selight" from the sentiment stamp with my Pale Plum marker and stamped a tab on white cs. The main flower image is stamped in plum ink on Pale Plum cs, and the center is watercolored with plum ink and my aquapainter. Then I accented the flower using my white Signo gel pen, and cut out. The flower is adhered on top of the acetate, which is attached to the card base using silver brads. I hope everyone likes the cards, and I am glad to have one more thing crossed off of my list!

3 comments:

Jennie said...

Lucky, lucky swappers!
Very sweet card, Teresa :)

love2Bcreative said...

Uh! This is just beautiful Teresa!!! With your inspiration here I am gonna' just have to sit down after the new year and give this a try!!!

I am soo excited to see these in person *jumpin up and down bout' ready to pee my pants*

Happy Holidays!!!

Lisa said...

This is so pretty! You do amazing work!

Lucky swapper's.