Sketch Challenge Wednesday!

One of my favorite days of the week! The sketch this week is courtesy of one of my favorite stampers, sereikastamper (Keri). To take a peek at some of her fabulous creations, please visit her blog, Pink Lemonade (link at right). The sketch is just adorable, and I can see myself playing with it some more before the week is through. ;) For my first attempt though, I *had* to whip out another of my newest acquisitions, the Just Delightful Simply Scrappin' Kit from SU! It will be available *for free* during the Sellabration promotion, which runs from January 1 through February 26th. Anyway, I just love the delightful spring colors! I started with a piece of 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 Certainly Celery cs as my card base, and scored it at 2" and 6" on the short side. I then stamped the Dots & Daisies BG on the inside in celery ink, and accented the centers of the flowers with my white Signo gel pen. For the front flaps, I adhered pieces of the patterned paper that comes with the kit. On the bottom flap I added a "friend" cardstock sticker label, and attached it with two blue brads. I then adhered the sides of the flap to the inside of the card to create a pocket. For the focal image, I used a scalloped square punchie and added to it a cardstock sticker flower and leaves. In the bottom right corner I stamped the "for you" sentiment from the Happy Everything set in Cameo Coral ink. I then added saffron brads in the corners, and adhered the square to the top flap only, so the card can open to reveal the pocket. I also attached a piece of narrow white organdy ribbon as a closure underneath the main image. For the inner pull-out, I used a piece of 4 3/4 x 3 1/2 white cs, and rounded the corners. I sponged the edges in coral ink, and stamped one of the flowers from the Delight in Life set along the bottom edge in So Saffron, Bashful Blue, and Certainly Celery ink. On the top right corner I added a cardstock sticker tab, attached with a celery brad. The result is a whimsical, delightful all-occasion card sure to brighten anyone's day!

2 comments:

texasjodylynn said...

Beautiful! I just got my preorder also! This card got me wanting to break out my new papers. :)

ker said...

Oh this is adorable!!! I just love the soft "girlyness" of it!!!