Sending warm thoughts your way . . . .

OK, I *know* I shouldn't complain, but it has gotten seriously cold here all of a sudden. No, I'm not going to tell you what temp it is, because I'm sure all of you northerners would razz me, but temperature is all relative! I am originally from Chicago, so I have dealt with my fair share of cold. We are not friends, hence the move to sunny FL. But before we moved, when we use to come on vacation here , we would make fun of all the poeple in sweaters and jackets in the beautiful 70 degree weather. Now, after almost 4 years here, I can honestly say that I am a "cold sissy" - lol! ;) The thing is, it is often in the low 70's during the day, but then drops about 20 degrees in the evening - what a shock to the system!!! Anyway, I was playing around with my new Like it a Latte set last night, and this is what I came up with. I started by stamping the cocoa mug onto some of the Loves Me designer series paper in chocolate ink. I topped it with some whipped cream and added a straw. I accented the straw and whipped cream using my white Signo gel pen. I sponged the edges of the panel with chocolate ink and cut it extra tall in order to add an acetate overlay of steam. I know, you can't see it at all in the picture, but trust me, it is there! It is attched to the main image with the pink brads at the top. I mounted the panel onto chocolate and white cs. I adhered a strip of pink stretchy ribbon from the Flirty ribbon originals collection across the Chocolate Chip card base, and added some chocolate velvet ribbon on top of it. The main image is popped up on dimensionals over it. For the sentiment, I stamped it onto the same Loves Me ds paper, and punches with the word window punch. Even my hubby said he liked the feel of these colors together - very warm and cozy. Warm wishes, and a cup of cocoa for all! ;)

3 comments:

kelly said...

I won't make fun of you!! I am also from Chicagoland, now living in FL, and I am freezing too!!

texasjodylynn said...

GORGEOUS card!

love2Bcreative said...

Ohh!! Love how you have combined the two ribbons here Teresa!! MMM!!! If you want a taste of cold weather again you are always welcome to come visit me in Iowa for a spell ;o))))
TFS~