A New Year . . .

. . . a new calendar! Isn't that one of the many joys of the holiday season, choosing which calendar images will grace your walls, or in this case, your desk for the upcoming year? I know that my husband and I have trouble coming to an agreement on one most of the time - lol! ;) Anyway, it seems as though *everyone* has been making these little desktop coaster calendars this year, and who am I to walk away from what just might be the latest craze? So, I decided to try one out for myself! I was inspired to *finally* bite the bullet and put this all together by an awesome version I say yesterday in the Splitcoaststampers gallery, made by the fabulous StamperSharon. She used the same stamp set, SU!'s Perennial Favorites for her cover as well, but I changed up the color scheme and designer papers for my project. Sharon's is also way more detailed than mine. Please check out her SCS gallery to see her fabulous creation! Ok, so I started by covering 2 chipboard coasters on both sides with paper from the Four Seasons collection. Next I cut twelve 4x4 squares from Naturals Vanilla cardstock to make the pages, rounded the corners, and covered them with designer paper as well. I used another UHU adhesive for this project, called "twist & glue". For more details, look for my UHU Review a little later. I used my Silent Setter to punch holes in the tops of the covers and the pages, and bound everything together using some rings I had previously purchased at Wal-Mart. I had also previously printed out several copies of calendar pages, from I template I found on the Splitcoaststampers website. I matted these onto colored cardstock, and notched the corners with the ticket corner punch. I used a removable adhesive on the pages themselves, so I can simply replace them with next year's calendar if I should so desire. As a finishing touch, I added some of my treasured Jody ribbon to the rings at the top. These little calendars would make great gifts. Maybe I will add them to my list - for next year!!! ;)

6 comments:

Danita said...

Teresa, this is *such* a cute idea! Thanks for sharing!!

texasjodylynn said...

I LOVE This Teresa! Will you please send me a link to the calendars you used? :) Gorgeous work girlie!

AJ said...

I love these....how many did you make? ;) Great work!

love2Bcreative said...

This is another great idea Teresa ~ you are on a roll!
TFS~

Renee said...

Oh this is just precious! I love it and who wouldn't want one of these as a gift? They're too cute. You did a great job on this. TFS!

Lizette said...

What a great calendar ! Beautiful !