New stamps - yippee!


I had a visit from the brown truck today!!! It was my Sellabration preorder from SU! I was a little surprised, seeing as how it wasn't scheduled to be delivered until Thursday!!! *giddies* I *heart* fresh rubbah!!! I ordered the Just Delightful Simply Scrappin' Kit, since I have a weakness for them, and the coordinating set, Delight in Life, which I will be using to make some swap cards. I am expecting another box from SU! tomorrow containing supplies I need to make the swap cards, so I can't get started on those just yet. I of course had to mount my set right away though. Well, just as soon as I finished making and eating dinner! I had seen a couple of people already playing with this set had decided to make the main flower image into a pointsettia, and I thought this would be perfect for completing today's color challenge on SCS - Cranberry Crisp, More Mustard, and Sage Shadow. I must admit, I was less than thrilled with the combo when I first saw it this morning, and I almost just passed this week, but I think that the combo works on this card. I started by stamping the main flower twice on cranberry cs in cranberry ink. I cut them out, and used a dimensional to adhere them together, slightly askew. I then stamped the same flower in sage ink on sage cs, and cute out two sets of two petals each, to form the leaves and adhered these to the back of the main flower. I then stamped the same flower again in mustard ink on mustard cs, and cut out and adhered only the middle portion to the main flower. I stamped the Holiday Print BG in mustard ink on mustard cs, and notched the corners using the ticket corner punch. I mounted the background onto the cranberry card base. As a final touch, I stamped the flourish from Delight in Life in cranberry ink on the background twice, once on either side, before centering and adhering the main image. This card is really simple, but I think it is still elegant, and it puts me one card closer to finishing my Christmas stamping for this year. Tomorrow I will share with you some more Pinecone Ball Ornaments. Until then, I am as always, Inkfully Yours . . . .

2 comments:

love2Bcreative said...

Holy moly bo-go-ly Teresa!!! You are one lucky gal to get your SAB stamps one day early!! Ohh wee!! This is one awesome card to boot!! You just got right down to biz didnt you?! This is awesome!! Love everything about it!! What an awesome idea!! I'm a countin' down to Thursday till Mr. Brown arrives here!!!
TFS~

Lisa said...

Very cool...you are on a creative roll!