Latte Thanks . . . .

It's Sketch Challenge Wednesday!!! This week's sketch is so fun - for a little twist the bottom of the card base must be stamped! And, I liked the color combo for this week so much, I decided to use it again! So, I started with the dotted patterned paper from Basic Grey's Blush collection, and cut it to 2.5" x 3.75" and sponged the edges with chocolate ink. I matted this piece onto Chocolate Chip cs, then mounted that onto the right side of a 3x4 piece of Sage Shadow cs, which I also sponged the edges of with chocolate ink. Next, I stamped the coffee mug and foam from the Like it a Latte set in chocolate ink on Blush Blossom cs, and added liquid applique to the foam. After heating it with my embossing tool, I cut out the mug and adhered it to the dotted paper, which I had stamped with the steam image in chocolate ink. Using a Rose Red card base, I stamped the "thank you" sentiment from Wonderful Words along the bottom edge, and then overstamped the "I like it a latte." sentiment in white craft ink. As a finishing touch, I added some brown dotted organdy ribbn underneath the main panel. This will make a cute thank you card for those special Christmas gifts!

3 comments:

texasjodylynn said...

super cute card as always! :0

Jen said...

I love this!!! Great colors too!

love2Bcreative said...

Super cute Teresa!!! I don't have this stamp set but could really use it *today*!! My cousin wanted a gift card to Starbucks and I want to make up a 'bandage' box for her gift card--now wouldnt that make the *cutest* deco for the outside of the tin?!
TFS~