Decking the walls . . . .

So, there is less than a week left until Christmas. Are you ready??? ;) My daughter, Kaleigh has been ready since Thanksgiving - lol! I am trying to tie up a few loose ends, and then all will be well. I need to have everything in place a little early, because I will be working on Saturday. I am very excited about the prospect of actually being home for both Christmas and Christmas Eve though, because I have worked them for last two years. I'm planning to celebrate all those little traditions that make the holidays so special for me and my family. Anyway, as I was browsing last night, I realized that I haven't posted anything here in a few days. I know everyone is busy, busy, busy at this time of year, but I had a free hour last night so I decided to put together a project for you. This simple wall hanging was created using some of the 100 chipboard coasters I ordered awhile back. There are so many fun projects being made with these versatile beauties, I might just have another one up my sleeve soon! *wink* I started by cutting 4x4 squares from my new and delicious Basic Grey "Dasher" collection paper. I chose two coordinating sheets and cute two squares from each. After rounding the corners of the paper, I adhered each one to a chipboard coaster using UHU's Scrapbookers Pen. I was sent some free samples of UHU adhesives, in return for reviewing their products, so expect more on those goodies later! Next, I traced the letters (here "n", "o", "e", and "l") from SU!'s On Board Chipboard alpha onto the coordinating paper, cut them out, and adhered them to the coasters. Next, I used my Silent Setter (by Provo Craft) to punch holes in the coasters. I attached them together using SU! white wide organdy ribbon, tying a bow at the top for hanging. It is very simple, but I think it is also elegant, and hopefully with a little care, it will adorn our walls for many Christmases to come!

5 comments:

Jen said...

Super cool Teresa!! You just may convince me to get these coasters yet! LOL

Karen said...

This is super cute. I am so impressed with your cutting abilities. Your letters are perfect! Cute paper too!

emilymomto3boys said...

oh my, I love this idea! I have bunches of coasters and now I know what I can do with them!

emilymomto3boys said...

oh my, I love this idea! I have bunches of coasters and now I know what I can do with them!

love2Bcreative said...

Super cool Teresa ~ love what you have done here ;o) I hope to soon have some coasters of my own to start playin' with ~ thanks for this great idea!!
TFS~