Better late than never . . . .

So, I received a package in the mail from a friend yesterday. It was a fabulously awesome package, filled with lots of goodies for me and my daughter, Kaleigh. In amongst all the toys, was a caramel apple kit package. A few months back, my friend Jody has an amazingly creative idea of making these little beauties for the LSS she designs for. To view her creation (which is 100 times better than mine), please visit her blog, Confessions of a Ribbon Addict (link at right). She is one of the most talented stampers I know, and a real sweetie to boot! They are supah cute, and I fell in love! So, I decided to give it a try. I went out and bought supplies to make 6 of them as gifties. I stamped all the tags, and assembled one bucket ensemble as a starting point. Well, I am embarassed to say, that is as far as it got! It got piled underneath lots of things in my craft area, and was all but forgotten until I received Jody's package yesterday. So, I decided to dig it out, only to notice that at least half of the caramels were missing. Guess I can blame sticky 4 year old fingers on that one! LOL! Anyway, I decided to take a pic to share with y'all, even if it is a little late for fall! The little metal bucket came from Joanns, and is filled with Kraft caramels, Trident apple gum (and tissue paper for filler), and a tag on a stick! To make the tag, I stamped the bucket and apples from Basket of Kindness, and watercolored. I drew in the caramel and sticks on the apples. I mounted onto Gable Green and Creamy Caramel cs, and stamped the words "caramel apple kit" with my Karen Foster snap stamps. I added a bit of green sheer dotted organdy ribbon to the top, and voila! Now I just need to find someone to try these "apples" out!

3 comments:

texasjodylynn said...

SUPER CUTE! I'm glad I inspired you! :) I love how you drew the caramel and the sticks! CUTE!

Renee said...

I'm loving this. How totally creative! I love it...thank you for sharing!
Rubber Hugs,
Renee

love2Bcreative said...

Super neat Teresa!!! Love everything here you have done!!!
TFS~