$1 Stamp Holiday Cards

I decided that since the holidays are ever nearing, that I'd better whip out some cards using my holiday $1 stamps, before I put them away until next year. Now, you have seen the gingerbread men and snowman, but the ornament is new. I found it over the weekend at Joanns. Anyway, after playing around for a bit this morning, this is what I came up with. The first card was inspired by one I saw in the gallery over at Splitcoaststampers. I made the little "cookie sheet" out of brushed silver cs, and cut out the little individual "cookies" which I stamped in Close to Cocoa ink on Creamy Caramel cs. I stamped the Dotted BG in cocoa ink on the Close to Cocoa card base. Then I used my Signo white gel pen to faux stitch around the edges and to add "icing buttons" to the "cookies". Next I threaded the ribbon through two horizontal slot punched holes, and hung the sentiment from the bow. The sentiment is inked with markers in red, caramel, and green and says "sweet holiday wishes". It is on a word window punch out, and hanging with silver cord. The second card is a clear card, made from a 1/2 sheet of acetate. I stamped the front of the card all over with the swirl from Finest Flourishes and snowflakes from The Snowflake Spot with white StazOn. For the image and sentiment, I used scalloped square punchies. The snowman is stamped in black ink, and has Cool Caribbean and Dazzling Diamonds glitter accents. The sentiment if from All Year Cheer I, and says "warmest wishes". It is stamped in caribbean ink, and then has Archival Brilliance Platinum Planet ink smeared over the entire square, which gives it a pearlized look. The scallops are pierced and highlighted with my Sakura Stardust glitter pen. On the fold there is a bow made from sheer white narrow organdy ribbon and silver cord. For the third card, I stamped the ornaments with Timber Brown StazOn on a strip of Very Vanilla cs, and watercolored with cranberry, olive, and artichoke ink and my aquapainter. They are accented with my Sakura Stardust glitter pen, and the edges of the strip are sponged with chocolate ink. The strip was them mounted onto Chocolate Chip cs, and paper from the Holiday Thyme designer series. All that was mounted onto the Old Olive card base, and the "Happy Holidays" sentiment from Warmest Regards was stamped in chocolate ink in the bottom corner. These were pretty quick and easy cards to make, and I can cross a few more names off of my list! I'm hoping to have all my cards and packages ready to mail by Thursday. Wish me luck! ;)

3 comments:

Jen said...

Love them!!! The clear one is gorgeous!!!

Lisa said...

Wonderful!!!!

love2Bcreative said...

Awwh!!! Supah' cute!!! They all look great Teresa!! TFS~