So thankful . . .

. . . for family, for friends, for shelter, for food to eat, and for all the luxuries we have to enjoy. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, everywhere! I spent this morning baking some nummy desserts to share with those I love. I made my very first pie today!!! I am so proud of myself, even if I did encounter a few "complications" along the way! It is a Praline Pumpkin Pie, and it looks simply delicious!!! I also made a Caramel Apple Cheesecake to take to my friend's house, where we will spend Thanksgiving tomorrow night. She is one of my closest friends from back home in Chicago, and she invited us to her home for our very first Thanksgiving in Florida, before we had any family down here. In fact, we consider she and her parents to be part of our extended family!!! Last year, we invited them to share Thanksgiving with us, as they were in the middle of a big move. This year, her sister and her family, who recently moved to FL, will be there as well. We are really looking forward to seeing everyone. Our schedules are so hectic, and we live far enough away, that the last time we have actually seen each other was February!!! Anyway, I also wanted to make a little hostess gift, to express our appreciation. I purchased these fabulously rich BoBunny Press papers awhile back, and they were just begging to be used for this project. I started with 5 black chipboard coasters, and 10 4x4 squares of the patterned paper. After rounding the corners of the paper, I adhered them to the front and back of each coaster, and used my silent setter to punch holes in each corner of the coasters. I then sanded the edges for a smoother look, and began to fasten the coasters together to form a cube. I found this ribbon at a local scrapbook shop, and the colors are a *perfect* match for these papers. I tied bows through all the holes, first connecting the side coasters to the bottom, and then to each other along the top, which is open. Inside I place a "pumpkin pie" scented candle in a frosted glass jar. Just a note of caution: the box is for presentation and display purposes only! DO NOT under any circumstances burn the candle while it is inside the box!!! A fire is not considered to be a good gift, ok??? ;) Anyway, it is just a little something, but I hope she likes it. We certainly appreciate the kindness and generosity she and her family have shown us, and we are truly greatful for their friendship! Here's wishing you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving! And to those of you who are like me, one of the brave Black Friday shoppers, here's hoping you find tons of greal deals! Until next time, I'm as always, Inkfully Yours . . . .

4 comments:

Jen said...

These are just so sweet!!!! She will absolutely LOVE them!!! And if she doesn't, feel free to send them to me! :)

Jennie said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Teresa!
That is a beautiful project. Thanks for the no-fire tip ;)

Lisa said...

Coasters......I need coaster's!
This is beautiful what a thoughtful gesture!

love2Bcreative said...

Yeah!! This is just too cool Teresa! I just love the colors you chose and how you attached each corner~~and I am soo happy as I just ordered like 300 of these coasters!! YIPEE!!

TFS~