Not so far away . . .

. . . Christmas, that is! I realized that I have received lots of holiday images from the IRAK group, and that I will need to put them to use within a fairly short time period. After all, Christmas is less than two months away!!! I am usually so much more prepared for it than I am this year. Ask all my family and they will tell you that I am *probably* already finished with my holiday shopping. Well, that *is* normally the case, but I have really barely started!!! Not sure how time slipped away from me so quickly this year, but I really need to get a move on! So, I decided to make a pile of "Christmas Cards to be" this morning, and hopefully that will inspire me to get going! I made this simple card this morning. I cut a strip from a OSW style sheet of images from the Snow Flurries stamp set to use, and thought it would match perfectly with this designer paper from the Holiday Thyme collection. I used my Sakura Quickie glue pen to add some glitter to the cranberry colored flakes, although it is hard to make out. I mounted the strip onto Mellow Moss cs, then adhered it to the ds paper. I also added some stitched grosgrain ribbons in cranberry and thyme, and put it all together on a Cranberry Crisp card base. I stamped the sentiment from the Glad Tidings set across the bottom in cranberry ink, and voila! A simple card to get the ball rolling. Be on the lookout for many more Christmas cards in the weeks to come. I need to make about 20 more unique designs if I can *gasp*. We'll see . . . .

3 comments:

stampin_melissa said...

This is so lovely! Now I'm kicking myself that I didn't get the Thyme dotted ribbon too! I can hardly wait for my designer paper to get here so I can start on my Christmas designs. You have inspired me! Hugs!

Jen said...

Really pretty!!! Now you're making me want the Holiday paper.... Brat!

texasjodylynn said...

Pretty card as always Teresa! Miss ya! :(