New toys - yippee!!!

My Winter Mini preorder has arrived!!! Yesterday, actually . . . and I am so proud because I already finished my swap cards so now I can play - guilt free!!! I made 19 of these cards for a swap I am in. I *love* the colors of the new Loves Me ds paper! Fabulously yummy!!! I wanted to try to imitate the small card on the cover, but I don't have the Pocket Notes (yet). I cut a piece of Pretty in Pink cs to the same dimensions as the pocket notes, and used the slit punch to create the closure. I used the Little Pieces stamp set and Regal Rose ink to create the background, then added a strip of the new ds paper. For the focal image, I inked the stamp from the new Big Pieces set with markers in chocolate, rose, and teal. Then I punched it out with the 1 3/8 circle punch, and mounted it on dimensionals. Then I stamped the Cool Caribbean card base repeatedly with the same image from Big Pieces, and added another strip of the ds paper along the bottom. I attached it with silver brads on wither side. The small notecard opens to reveal a sentiment from the Simply Said set, stamped in Chocolate Chip ink. It says, "Simply said from the heart . . . thank you". Just right for a simply cute card, made with such fun new toys!

7 comments:

ApocalipsisR said...

Super cute card!!

Jen said...

So cute Teresa!! And your layout is fun too!!! Did I mention that I love the colors???

texasjodylynn said...

Super cute Teresa! I like the mini card mounted on the bigger card.

love2Bcreative said...

Humm...*tapping finger on chin* could I be gettin' one of these in a swap a roo' with you??? If so I am one lucky girl!!! TFS~

Jennie said...

Very sweet, Teresa! Those colors are just too cute :)

Kimberly said...

Very cute! I love those colors and your layout is rockin!

Karen said...

too cute - love these colors and fun sets in the Winter mini!!