. . . and these beauties are no exception. Check out these giant sunflowers! Aren't they just gorgeous? This project was made for Betsy, the owner of Innovative Stamp Creations. ISC offers many wonderful rubber stamp sheets. The stamps used in this project are fom the Flowers & Elements sheet. Unfamiliar with sheets? Basically, they are uncut, unmounted rubber stamps which all coordinate in some way, similar to a stamp set. This ends up being a way to keep costs down, and allows the stamper a variety of mounting options. It could be as simple as attaching double-sided tape to the back of the trimmed image and temporarily adhering it to the back of another stamp's handle. Since ISC's images are so deeply etched in the rubber, this makes for a very economical option. I chose to purchase a sheet of cling foam, which provides a feel similar to the way most of the stamps I own are mounted. Assembling the stamps is super simple and easy! I peeled the backing from the adhesive side of the cling foam and adhered the entire rubber sheet. From there, I trimmed away any excess cling mount to save for future use, although there was not much because the rubber stamp sheet measured approximately 8x10. From there, I trimmed the stamps as I would normally with my SU! stamps. After they were all trimmed, I removed the backing over the cling side of the foam, and laid all the stamps (18 in all!) in an extra SU! case I had. This is going to be a perfect way to store these stamps, alongside my others. I also purchased an acrylic block for mounting purposes. They come in all shapes and sizes. The one I got is A-2 card front sized, 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". I thought this would provide the most versatility. The neat thing is, while the stamps are *not* clear stamps (they are made of high quality red rubber), you can still see through the acrylic block to know where you are stamping!!! This really helps with placement, especially if you are omitting part of an image. Ok, on to the project! Betsy, who is a subscriber to my little blog, contacted me regarding my previous post with the 3x3 boxes. You remember the contest, right? ;) Anyway, I thought it would be fitting for my first project using her stamps to be a 3x3 box and cards. I started by cutting a piece of So Saffron cardstock down to fit the box dimensions. I stamped the sunflower image all over in So Saffron ink, although it is hard to make out in any of the pictures. I then scored and assembled the box, using a strong adhesive (Miracle Tape). For the lid, I used So Saffron cs again, and covered it with a piece of SU!'s double-sided designer paper from the Spring Flowers collection. I then scored and assembled the lid, and added some caribbean rikrac, from the Flirty ribbon originals collection, around the middle. Next, I stamped the sunflower using Timber Brown StazOn on Naturals Ivory cs. I watercolored using my Watercolor Wonder Crayons and an aquapainter, then cut out the image. I added microbeads to the flower's center, and added it to the box using dimensionals. The "F" for flower, was stamped in Cool Caribbean ink on Cool Caribbean cs, cut out and adhered to the box. Next, I set out to create some matching cards to go inside the box. For the So Saffron card I inked the petals of the flower using So Saffron ink, and used my Chocolate Chip marker to ink the flower's center. I stamped the word "blossom" along the bottom in Chocolate Chip ink, and tied some chocolate gingham ribbon along the fold. For the Chocolate Chip card, I again stamped the sunflower in Timber Brown StazOn on Naturals Ivory cs, and watercolored using my WWC's and an aquapainter. I punched three 1/16" holes in the flower's center and added copper brads from SU!'s vintage brads collection. The background is stamped with the ISC "script" stamp repeatedly, in Chocolate Chip ink. The flower was then cut out and adhered using dimensionals. For the Cool Caribbean card, I stamped the petals of the sunflower on the corners of the card in Cool Caribbean ink. I then stamped the entire image in the center of the card using Versamark ink. I embossed the image using Classy Copper embossing powder and my heat tool. I made 2 of each style card, for a total of six, and included 3x3 envelopes also. I had so much fun creating this set! I really hope that Betsy likes what I came up with!!! And I am looking forward to creating many more projects featuring ISC's fabulous flower stamps!