Happy Holidays, and a contest!!!

Now that Thanksgiving is behind us, I'm sure we are all busy preparing for the upcoming holidays. I want to take another opportunity to say "thank you" to all of you, my blog subscribers and readers. I have had the idea to make ornaments for some time now, and I just recently have been able to sit down to put them to paper, so to speak. And, seeing that sometime over the weekend my blog had its 5,000th hit, I thought it would be the perfect time to celebrate! So, from now until Friday, each person who responds to this post, will be entered into a drawing to win one of these handmade ornaments AND the coordinating stamp I used to create the project!!! And, only one entry per person please! ;) Okay, on to the details. For the snowman ornament, I covered a piece of circle chipboard, from the SU! On Board Accents pack, with snowflake patterned paper from the Holiday Thyme collection on both sides. I then took a scalloped circle punched piece of Whisper White cardstock and stamped the snowman image, which is from Michaels. I watercolored his hat and scarf with Bashful Blue ink, and his nose in Pumkin Pie. Then I sponged the sky with Bashful Blue ink as well. I pierced the scallops and accented them with my Sakura Stardust glitter pen. Then I used my Sakura Quickie Glue Pen and SU! Dazzling Diamonds glitter to add some shimmer to the snowman and the snow. On the back of the ornament, I accented the snowflakes with my Sakura Stardust glitter pen as well. Finally, I added a piece of May Arts sheer white dotted ribbon to the top for a hanger. The gingerbread ornament is actually a cookie cutter purchased from Michaels. I liked the fact that it was painted brown already! To make the tag accent, I inked the gingerbread stamp (also from Michaels) with my Creamy Caramel and Real Red markers, then huffed and stamped on Confetti White cs. I trimmed the paper, and slid it through my tag punch to create the long narrow tag. I edged the tag with my Green Galore marker, to tie in with the American Crafts ribbon hanger. Both are ideas for very simple and easy handmade gifts, which I love to do, especially around the holidays! I hope you like them, and don't forget to post a comment so you can have a chance to win one of the ornaments and matching stamps!!! I will draw and post the winners on Saturday morning!

25 comments:

Nancy said...

Congratulations on #5000!! Very cool!

I love these ornaments... that snowman is adorable!

myinkyfingers said...

The ornaments are so cute!!

Diana said...

Oh! how cute...love the little gingerbread fella...

diana

ApocalipsisR said...

You are super creative I love what you have done with the snowman and the gingerbread babies.
Cool!!

love2Bcreative said...

Hi Teresa
I guess you can only dream of snow and such in FL huh? I can jar some up from IA and send it your way!! lol Better yet get your lil ole' self on a plane and come stamp with me here in IA!!! That would be fun!!! Your projects here are just awesome...as always!!!
TFS~

Rosella said...

I have just recently found your blog and am enjoying it very much. You have great projects. Thank you for sharing your projects and ideas! The ornaments are so cool!

Amber H said...

Too cute. Love them all.

gmontgomery said...

Your ornaments are sooooooooo cute! Love them!

Cheryle (craftybee)

kelly said...

very cute ornaments!

Renee said...

Congrats on your 5000 post. That's wonderful. I have your blog saved to my favorites and I enjoy visiting every chance I get.
Your ornaments are adorable!
Rubber Hugs,
Renee

Linda Lee said...

Very cute! Lots of ideas for those last minute gifts we all need!

Jane said...

I love these! My Michael's never got in the Thanksgiving stamps...I'll have to go see if they got any Christmas ones. I'd love the gingerbread one with a "gift in a jar".

Dale Anne said...

The ornaments are FAB!!!

Carolyn said...

The ornaments are adorable. I enjoy receiving your newsletter - it gives me much inspiration!

Leah said...

WOW!!! I just found your site and I love the ornaments. I signed up for your newsletter also. Your projects are great. I can't wait to see more. Congrats on 5,000.

StampinginKansas said...

Love the ornaments. Now that the weather outside here in Kansas is frightful - maybe I can get inspired to do some ornaments.

Danita said...

Congrats on 5000!!! :)
These ornaments are SO cute!! I loooove your blog - check it every day!!

Karen said...

Did someone say a contest? LOL. These ornaments are adorable. You are so talented!

Jen said...

Can I be a winner please??? Hmmmm....what to bribe your DD with.....LOL

BTW, these are totally adorable Teresa!

Amanda said...

SO CUTE! I sent that snowman to Karen in a package from my blog. He is cute!!! You did awesome girlie!

Lisa said...

Wow, you rock!!!! I won't win but thanks for letting me try! LOL

Mad said...

Hey Teresa! Good luck on the hits! :)

Sue said...

they are sooooo cute :) you are amazing thank you for sharing :)

Dorinda said...

Oh T I am in love with your projects!! How sweet they are!!
I also LOVE the snowman stamp! he is sooo precious!

Cyndi said...

Wow Teresa, awesome work! Love the way these look and those are some fabulous stamps.

Congrats on 5000th hit on your blog that is awesome! And I totally understand why, your blog is awesome!