Colors, Colors Everywhere . . . .

So, today is Tuesday, better known as Color Challenge Day over at Splitcoaststampers. As I sat down to attempt this week's colors, I realized that I never finished my card for last week's challenge!!! I had already watercolored the main image, but I neglected to finish and upload the card. Oops! So, that was the first order of business for today. I had chosen an image from the retired SU! hostess set, Nature's Sketchbook. I thought these birds would look pretty in Chocolate Chip and Pumpkin Pie. I only noticed after I had watercolored them that the words of the stamp include "black & white with gray". Oh well, so these aren't actually the colors of the Blackpoll Warbler! Oops again!!! This card was inspired by the lovely bird cards made by Lori (stamp_momma, link to her gallery at right). Lori is "my Linograph friend" and she had the fabulous idea to emboss the Linograph background (here, on Old Olive) - love, love, love it!!! For a few finishing touches, I notched the corners of the Linograph piece using the faux ticket corner punch technique, and added a piece of sheer brown polkadotted organdy ribbon. I really like these colors together, but I'll have to play with them later because the colors for this week are Chocolate Chip, Cool Caribbean, and More Mustard. For whatever reason, these colors inspired me to pull out my Finest Flourishes stamp set for the first time. Now, Lori has done some fabulous things with this set as well, and I have also been inspired by trudee and Jen (cobrielle - link to her blog at right) using this set as well. I also wanted to somehow incorporate this fabulous ribbon I searched out from Joann's. So, I started with the ribbon "belt", complete with Antique Brass Hodgepodge Hardware. I then stamped the French Script background onto the Chocolate Chip card base. For the main image, I first inked the stamp in More Mustard ink, then edged the image using my chocolate marker. I "huffed" and then stamped, sponging the edges with chocolate and the vanilla spaces with Cool Caribbean. I mounted this piece onto More Mustard cs, and again sponged the edges with chocolate. On the caribbean piece, I lightly stamped some of the flourishes on the bottom, but they are hard to make out in this picture. The tab on the right is a sentiment from the Warmest Regards hostess set, stamped and sponged in chocolate on Very Vanilla cs. A very simple, yet elegant card, with striking colors. I need to use this set more often, now that I have broken it in. I hope to work on some Christmas gifts today, because tomorrow my new toys from the Winter Mini are scheduled to arrive!!! I *know* that once they do, I will be infatuated with them and unable to use anything else for awhile - lol! Plus, I have swap cards I need to make using the Big Pieces stamp set, so those will be a top priority!!! But, *maybe* I'll be able to sneak in a sketch challenge card for you tomorrow morning. You'll just have to check back and see . . . . ;)

5 comments:

texasjodylynn said...

Gorgeous cards Teresa! I love the flourish one. :) CUTE! Love that ribbon. HAVE that ribbon. LOL

stampin_melissa said...

Just gorgeous Teresa! I just love checking out your art!

Jen said...

Really beautiful Teresa!!! Love both of them!! Glad I could be an enabler with Finest Flourishes!! LOL

Jennie said...

pretty, pretty!
I love that belt that you made. So cute!

Lisa said...

These are stunning as usual. I am in awe of your talent. Keep inspiring me!