Coasters are such versatile things . . .

. . . who knew??? I was *persuaded* (read: enabled) to buy some of these blank chipboard coasters by many of the talented ladies at Splitcoaststampers. After receiving mine, and playing with them a bit, I am inclined to agree that the possibilites are in fact *endless*!!! I already have several ideas in mind, so stay tuned! ;) For my first attempt, I made a simple card using the new Loves Me double-sided designer paper from the SU! Winter Mini catalog. So cute!!! I covered all 4 sides of two coasters with paper, then sanded the edges for a smoother look. I used my Silent Setter to punch holes in the sides, and tied them up with ribbon to bind the two coasters together. For the cover, I stamped the paper with an image from Simply Said in Chocoalte Chip ink. I added a square label piece of Hodgepodge Hardware in Pewter, with a Hero Arts sentiment in Tempting Turquoise, and the heart from Little Pieces in Regal Rose. I tied caribbean rikrac from the new Flirty Ribbon Originals through the holes in the hardware to complete the look. For the left inside page, I added a stripe of pink velvet ribbon, and punched a scalloped oval in Close to Cocoa. I pierced the scallops, and higlighted them with my white Signo Gel Pen. Then I added another image from Simply Said in Pretty in Pink and Cool Caribbean, cut out and popped up on dimensionals. For the right inside page, I traced the heart from SU!'s On Board Accents chipboard onto another blank coaster, and cut it out. Then I adhered some of the Loves Me ds paper to it, trimmed it to fit and sanded the edges. I added two circles punched from the ds paper to the side, popped up on dimensionals. I had so much fun making this project! I can't wait to play with my coasters some more!!!

6 comments:

Jen said...

Totally cool Teresa! Love it!

texasjodylynn said...

OMG that is SO SO cool!

stampin_melissa said...

Too kewl! *storing idea on back burner for when my coasters show up*

Lauri said...

That paper is to die for (so mean of you to tease me with it when I can't buy it yet!) and I love the card made from the coasters!!!

love2Bcreative said...

WOW Teresa!! Once again, but not surprising, you have just totally knocked the the socks right off me!! This is just the neatest thing! Love the colors & everything you have done!!! TFS~

Karen said...

I love using coasters - this looks faboo!!