Big Holiday Wishes . . . .

It's Wednesday, better known as Sketch Challenge Day over at Splitcoaststampers. I know, I know . . . I never did get around to making a card for *last* week's sketch, but it *is* on my list . . . . That being said, here is the card I made for this week's unique sketch. Everyone seems to be doing holiday cards, and since I have so many yet to make, I guess I am no exception. I have been wanting to pick up my new Winter Mini set, Big Pieces again so I thought why not make them into a holiday card??? And, since they are "big" pieces, I though what better sentiment to use than the Think Big set from the Holiday Mini??? Perfect! I started with a True Thyme card base, and cut it to the specifications of the sketch. For the front of the card, I repeatedly stamped the same image from Big Pieces in Always Artichoke ink. I then stamped the same image from the coordinating Little Pieces in Cranberry Crisp, then punched them out with the 1/2" circle punch, and adhered them to the centers of the Big Pieces images. For the inside panel, I cut a piece of Very Vanilla cs 1/4" smaller than the card base, sponged the edges and mounted onto Cranberry Crisp cs. To create the multi-colored "big" sentiment, I sponged ink onto the letters, then "huffed" and stamped. Beneath it I stamped the "holidays" (omitting the "s") from Happy Everything, and "wishes" from Expressive Flexible Phrases. To add the ribbon tie closure, I used the horizontal slot punch on either side of the word "big", and also on the card fold. I threaded the cranberry stitched grosgrain ribbon through the fold to the front of the card and underneath the "big" sentiment, and tied at the front. I then added a tab to the top of the front panel made of the Big and Little Pieces images, but in the reverse colors from the remainder of the card. It is popped up on dimensionals. I think this is a neat sketch, and I just might try it again before the week is through. But for now, I'm off to catch up on *last* week's challenge!!! ;)

3 comments:

love2Bcreative said...

This is supah' cool Teresa! I love the colors and the layout/shape ~~ too kewl! What you did with the ribbon is soo unique Teresa!! TFS~

stampin_melissa said...

Teresa, this is just incredible! It would NEVER have crossed my mind to use Big Pieces for a Christmas card! I just LOVE your creativity! Love the way you used the ribbon too.

Lisa said...

This is beautiful. I plan to keep playing with the layout!