Under the Harvest Moon . . . .


. . . beneath a Flannel Plaid sky, on the Rough Textured grass, sat a happy little pumpkin enjoying the solitude. At least that's how the story goes in my head! Everyone has been trying their hand at these punchy pumpkins lately. Not sure who originally came up with the idea, but it is truly inspired! One of the many reasons I *heart* the Splitcoaststampers community! Anyway, I thought I'd like to try to create my own pumpkin scene, complete with a chilly fall night, which we don't see much of here in sunny Florida!!! I started by sponging the edges of 5 Only Orange small oval punchies, courtesy of the IRAK group, with Close to Cocoa ink. Most people have been using a mixture of small and large oval punchies, but since I don't own the punches, I made do with what I had on hand. I rolled the Rough Texture jumbo wheel in Always Artichoke along the edge of the True Thyme card base. I stamped the Flannel Plaid background in Brocade Blue on Buckaroo Blue cs, and then tore the bottom edge. I adhered this piece to the True Thyme cs to create the base card. I then adhered three of the oval pieces to the card, then added the remaining two on top using dimensionals. I hand-cut the stem from Always Artichoke cs and used a Chocolate Chip marker to add detail lines. I then sponged the entire piece with Close to Cocoa ink, and adhered it using dimensionals. Next, I hand trimmed the vines from a strip of True Thyme cs. I wound them around my paper piercing tool to curl them, and added them behind the stem. I punched a circle from Very Vanilla cs for the moon, and adhered it to the upper right corner, then trimmed it to fit. I stamped the happy sentiment from the Happy Everything stamp set (SU!) and stamped "harvest" using my Karen Foster snap stamps, using Chocolate Chip ink. I punched the "harvest" sentiment from Very Vanilla cs using the word window punch, and attached it to the card using SU! copper vintage brads. Alas, the great pumpkin lives on . . . .

3 comments:

love2Bcreative said...

OMG Teresa!! This is sooo cute!!! I have not seen the punch used this way yet!!! I'm gonna' have to give this a try!!!
TFS~

texasjodylynn said...

OMG I LOVE IT! Can I copy you? LOL What a CUTE card!

Lisa said...

Too stinkin cute.....you lead, I'll follow.