Super Big . . . .

Well, I wanted to play with some of my new toys yesterday, and I wanted to do a card for the color challenge . . . and for some reason I could not get this image of a giant pink paisley squirrel out of my head, so here it is!!! It is *not* the best card I have ever made, and I couldn't even get a decent picture of it - lol! I had issues trying to get all the elements to work together, but oh well! I finished it . . . now off to better things!!! I started by inking the Paisley background stamp in Regal Rose craft ink, then used the kissing technique to transfer the pattern to the Super Squirrel image. I used my Chocolate Chip marker to highlight the eye, and add some feminine eyelashes. Then I used my paper snips to but her out. I chose Cool Caribbean for the card base, to simulate the sky, and wheeled the Rough Texture jumbo wheel across a strip of Certainly Celery cs for the grass. I tore it at the top to make things flow better, then adhered it to the card base. I stamped "big" from the Think Big stamp set in Cool Caribbean, "birthday" from Happy Everything in Chocolate Chip, and "wishes" from Expressive Flexible Phrases in Certainly Celery on Whisper White cs, then punched it out with the word window punch, to create the sentiment. I added a Pretty in Pink brad to the tab, and stamped the candle from the Fun Filled stamp set, cut it out, and placed it in the squirly girl's hands. I used my Sakura Stardust pen to accent the candle's glow. Then I added sheer brown polkadotted organdy ribbon to the corners, to tie it all together. Like I said, not the best card I've ever made, but it is kinda cute, and it will make someone a nice birthday card someday!

2 comments:

love2Bcreative said...

Cute idea Teresa!! I too get these ideas and they seem to be harder than they should to come together!! lol
TFS~

Dorinda said...

I love the paisley tail!!