Supah Sparklay Holiday


It's all about the glitter . . . . Thursdays at SCS mean the Ways to Use It challenge - and today's theme? Glitterama!!! I really wanted to try out my new Sakura glue pen to create some awesome glittered details for this challenge, and I have been wanting to do some snowflakes in red, green and pink, so . . . . here is my creation! I started with a 3 1/2" x 5" piece of Whisper White cardstock and I stamped images from The Snowflake Spot stamp set all over in Real Red, Green Galore and Pixie Pink. Then I started adorning. I used my Sakura glue pen on the large red flakes, then dusted them with Dazzling Diamonds glitter. In the center I added a mini glue dot and dusted it with DD glitter too! Then on the medium green snowflakes I used my Sakura stardust glitter pen, and on the small pink snowflakes I used pearlescent stickles. I used the horizontal slot punch on the sides and threaded through some American Crafts ribbon. See the pink diamonds on the ribbon? Those *were* white, but I colored them in with a Pixie Pink marker to better match my project! I love customizing ribbon!!! Just above the bow, I stamped the "Happy Holidays" sentiment from Warmest Regards in Archival Brilliance Platinum Planet, and embossed it using Iridescent Ice embossing powder. I mounted the main image on Real Red, and then Green Galore cs, then onto the Pixie Pink card base. This card opens from the side, instead of the bottom. I like the way this one turned out (finally!) and I'll probably give this color combo another try too! I've had a fairly productive day so far . . . 3 posts in one day! ;)

3 comments:

texasjodylynn said...

Super cute! I LOVE the colors. :)

love2Bcreative said...

I love your color combo---just awesome for snowflakes! We actually had those snowflakes here y'day mornin'!! I also like how you adhered your ribbon---cool idea!
TFS~

Debbie said...

Love the bling factor here--and that perfect ribbon as well!