*Somewhere* it's fall . . .

. . . it's just not here! Most of the country is now experiencing that blissful fall weather. Aaah, the crisp winds blowing through the newly fallen leaves! But here in Sunny Florida, it is still by all acccounts summer. Oh how I miss those cool autumn nights . . . . Anyway, I created this card for today's Limited Supply Challenge on splitcoaststampers. The challenge, entitled "Autumn Leaves", and we were limited to using autumn colors of ink and cardstock, and leaf stamps of course! Jen also issued a bonus challenge - to include a leaf charm. Since she suggested just cutting out some leaves, that's what I did! I started with a 2 1/4 in. by 4 1/4 in. stip of Very Vanilla cs that had been wheeled using the Leaves Awash jumbo wheel. I received this image from the IRAK group. I watercolored the leaved using my aquapainter and watercolor wonder crayons in Creamy Caramel, Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust, and More Mustard, then added highlights using my ink pads in the same colors. I also watercolored and cut out a few extra leaves for my charm. Then I sponged Creamy Caramel ink over the entire strip, to give it a more distressed look. I used my edge distresser on the top and bottom to enhance the look as well. I adhered the image to Chocolate Chip cs and added 3 copper vintage brads to the left side. I wrapped some linen thread around the right side, and tied the leaf charm on at the bottom. It is neat, because it moves! It is only attached to the thread!!! Okay, then I adhered the main image piece to the card base. I then stamped the SU! Flannel Plaid background onto the Really Rust card base in Really Rust craft ink. The sentiment I used is by Hero Arts, and is part of another stamp which I hope to play with soon. I inked only the sentiment with my Chocolate Chip marker, and stamped onto the twill tape. Then I frayed the edges of the twill slightly, and adhered to the card base. I sure do miss those tell-tale signs of fall, but I remember them well . . . and at least I can attempt to recreate them in my artwork!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Funny I was playing with this wheel last night.....but I still haven't finished my card. I really like this. It's fall here for sure. This is so pretty!!!!

love2Bcreative said...

Ohhh!! Love it Teresa! How fitting to use the 'flannel' background stamp for a crisp cool fall card!! lol This is my fave time of year so I just love to see fall stuff out!!!
TFS~