Purdy paper . . . .


I fell in love with this paper from the Signature Suite collection by My Mind's Eye the instant I saw it at my NSLSS. Something about those flowers, and the gorgeous colors really caught my eye. I really love most of the papers by My Mind's Eye. They have some great ones, including Kaleidoscope, Wild Asparagus, Bohemia, and of course Signature Suite! Fabulous!!! Anyway, my chatter friend Jennie is on the design team at 2jills.com, and she posted on her blog (see link at right) that they are hostessing a Card Contest in honor of National Card Making Day - today, October 7th. So I decided to make a card to enter. I knew I wanted to use some of the fabulous patterned paper I have picked up lately, and this was the winner. I started by cutting and scoring the True Thyme card base, making it into a tri-panel card. The card opens from the center, and the sentiment swings to the inside - very cool! I sponged all the edges of the card base with Close to Cocoa ink, for a more distressed look. Then I cute two panels of the patterned paper to fit the card base. I roughed them up using my edge distresser, then adhered them to the front of the card. Next I cut a small rectangle from the patterned paper. I fliped it to the back side, to reveal this stunning, caramel linen-like pattern, and stamped the sentiment (from SU! All Year Cheer I) in Chocolate Chip ink. Then I added Pretty in Pink brads, from the SU! Soft Subtles collection, to all four corners and matted the piece onto Chocolate Chip cardstock. I then adhered the sentiment only to the left panel, allowing for the aforementioned swing action. I wanted to keep the design simple, yet elegant so I added the wide gold organdy ribbon tied in a pretty bow, to the bottom of the card. It is both pretty, and functional - it keeps the card (mostly) closed. Anyway, the deadline for the contest is today. I have already submitted my entry, and there are some other great ones as well. My favorite (so far), is Jennie's 3x3 Halloween card set, made using the 2jills.com October mini kit, including Daisy D's Gypsy Harvest - Witching papers. Too cute! Check it out if you get a chance!

3 comments:

Joan said...

I love your blog!!! Your cards are awesome and I appreciate all the descriptions. Joan

love2Bcreative said...

Soo pretty!!! Love it all!
TFS~

Jen said...

What a beautiful card Teresa! You are doing such awesome work!!