Kick Up Your Heels . . .

. . . with a Halloween squeal! The "big day" is less than a week away. Kaleigh is getting so excited!!! We made an "emergency" trip out to Wal-Mart Tuesday night to get some pumpkins. We received a decorating kit in the mail from my Secret Sister from last round, and Kaleigh could barely contain her excitement. Of course, John *had* to get himself a pumpkin to carve too!!! I will post some pics later when I get them loaded onto my computer. So, I am a day behind in posting my challenge cards this week - oops! I was finishing up favors for a wedding I am doing earlier in the week, but now that I am done I no longer have to feel guilty about playing at SCS!!! This one is for the Sketch Challenge, which is too fun!!! I will definitely give it another try today. I have had this stamp set (Hey, Ghoul Friend) for awhile now, and I have stamped many images with it for the IRAK group, but had not made anything with it myself before yesterday. I wanted to use several of the character images, but couldn't fit more than two on the smallish focal piece. So I improvised, and what do you know? It actually turned out - lol! I stamped just the "heels" from the Mummy, the Witch, and Frankenstein along the edges - perfect for this sentiment. Then I couldn't quite fit the sentiment, which is actually stacked vertically. So, I inked up the individual lines with my black marker, and stamped them horizontally. I watercolored the "heels" and added some shimmer to the stars on the Witch's dress with my Sakura Stardust glitter pen. I cut three panels from the SU! Halloween Night ds paper and added some artistic touches. I drew doodle lines in black on the violet and mustard pieces (mounted on black cs), and used my Sakura Stardust glitter pen to highlight the spiderweb on the black piece (mounted on Sahara Sand and black cs). I mounted the image piece on Old Olive cs and added some super fun black fibers to the upper left and bottom right corners. The fiber was part of a Ribbon RAK from my friend Jody, and I thought it would be perfect on this card! The ds paper panels are adhered to a Sahara Sand card base, and the main image is popped up on dimensionals. So festive! Now that says "Happy Halloween"!

3 comments:

Jen said...

This is really cute!!!! Love how you just used their feet!!!

love2Bcreative said...

Super cute card Teresa
I just love this layout!!!
TFS~

Alli said...

Cute! Cute! Cute!