I can't stop . . .


. . . making Christmas cards!!! Remember last week, when I wondered aloud if it might be too early to start these? Well, I got started - and now I can't make anything except Christmas cards!!! And SCS is *not* helping - lol! Last week there was a challenge to make a card using snowflakes and shades of brown. Yesterday the color challenge was to use Real Red, Certainly Celery, and Old Olive. Now I'm sure there are many other things you can do with these colors, but I can only come up with Christmas cards!!! So, here are my cards for the color challenge. The first card was actually made for the sketch challenge, but it fits the color challenge as well! The main image is actually a sticker by Penny Black. I found these stickers last week at my Not-so-local-Scrapbook-Store (NSLSS). I *love* this Pointsetta stamp!!! I ordered it online today, so expect to see more creations with this image soon! I started with the main image and mounted it on Old Olive cardstock. I added Hero Arts rhinestone bling in gold to the center of the flower. For the next layer I used Certainly Celery cs and ink, and stamped holly and berries from the All Decked Out retired stamp set by SU! Then I colored the berries using a Real Red marker, and used my Signo white gel pen to detail the swirls. The last layer uses paper from the Holiday Thyme designer series by SU! All layers are mounted onto Basic Black cardstock. For the finishing touch, I stamped the holiday sentiment from the Circle of Friendship stampset in Basic Black on Old Olive cs. I then punched the center out using a 1/2in. circle punch, and then punched out the larger circle using a 1in. circle punch. Then I tied black grosgrain ribbon in a knot through the center of the "washer" and adhered it to the main image. All the layers were then mounted on a the Real Red card base, which I stamped with the SU! retired Linograph background in Real Red ink.
The next card was made using the Nature's Secret retired former hostess set from Stampin UP! I started with the main image, inking all but the very center of the snowflake in Certainly Celery ink. I used a Real Red marker to ink the center, then used the rock-n-roll technique to ink the edges of the main image in Old Olive. I "huffed" on the stamp to re-moisten it, then stamped the image on Very Vanilla cs. I used a Hero Arts rhinestone for the center of the red flake, and mounted the image on Real Red and Old Olive cs. I used the small snowflake stamp from the set, and stamped the card base tone-on-tone in Certainly Celery. I adhered the main image, and added a strip of American Crafts ribbon, tied through a SU! Pewter Hodgepodge Hardware buckle, to the bottom of the card. Anyway, my goal for the rest of the week it to make *something* other than a Christmas card!!! After all, I still have Halloween cards to finish - lol!


3 comments:

love2Bcreative said...

Ohhh! I love both of these Teresa! They are just awesome!!
TFS~

Lisa said...

0I think this is one of the most beautiful cards i have ever seen. You have so much talent.....why do you hang around with us? LOL

Lisa said...

I was kidding. What i meant was I would love to hang around you and stamp. Some part of your talent might rub off.
I just really LOVE this card!!!! It is awesome and inspiring.
Just like you my new friend.

It's just my weird sence of humor.