A Holiday Hello . . .

. . . let it snow!!! Today is sketch challenge day over at Splitcoaststampers, and did I need the inspiration!!! I have been pushing myself to work on the favors etc. for an upcoming wedding that I am doing a *large* custom order for, but all I really want to do is play with my new SU! goodies that came on Monday!!! Wanna know what's funny? These aren't them!!! I have had this set and paper for awhile now. Oh well! Hopefully I can use some of my new toys to whip something up for *gasp* yesterday's color challenge!!! No, I haven't done it yet, but it is on my list for today, and hopefully I will have something to show you tomorrow *wink, wink*. Anyway, this challenge is suited perfectly for SU!'s double-sided designer series paper, so I chose this piece from the Four Seasons collection. I cut it to 4x5 1/4, and scored it on the bias. Then I folded it down and trimmed about 1/2" from the flap. I wanted it to stand out more against the Bashful Blue card base, so I mounted it onto Night of Navy cs for a 1/8" mat. I added silver eyelets on the corners of the flap, and threaded some silver cord through them. Next, I stamped the snowflake from the coordinating Perennial Favorites stamp set in Bashful Blue and Whisper White craft ink, on the top of the card base. For the piece in the bottom left corner, I stamped the "Let it snow" sentiment, from the Glad Tidings stamp set on Whisper White cs in Bashful Blue ink, then stamped the same snowflake stamp over it, in Night of Navy. I use the 1 1/4 and 1 3/8" square punches, and added a silver brad in the center of the snowflake. For the upper right corner, I stamped the snowflake image in Bashful Blue on Whisper White cs, then stamped the "Holiday Hello" sentiment from Circle of Friendship in Versamark ink. I embossed the image using silver detail embossing powder, and cut the circle out, using my paper snips. I adhered it to an aluminum metal edge tag using dimensionals, then adhered the entire piece to the card. This is such a neat sketch, and I just might try it again, with a different double-sided paper!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I love it! I guess i won't be doing snowflakes for this one. It is fun to play! You play real good!:)

love2Bcreative said...

Ohh! I love this and what you have done in the upper right hand corner!! How cool Teresa!!
TFS~