Ho-Ho-Holidays!

Ok, lemme just say that I am *'lovin* this card!!! I made it for the Sketch Challenge today over at SCS. I bought this stamp last weekend at Joanns for $1!!! So cute! I thought it would be perfect with the Holiday Thyme designer series paper from SU! This is my favorite pattern from the set. So I started with the Cranberry Crisp card base, then cut the ds paper to the sketch specifications. I actually mounted it onto Old Olive cs, because I didn't want to see the reverse pattern when the card opens. More on that in a bit. I stamped the little reindeer in Basic Black ink on Very Vanilla cardstock, and watercolored him using my aquapainter and Close to Cocoa and Cranberry Crisp ink. Then I used me Signo white gel pen to accent the insides of his ears, his tail, and to add some spots to his back. I sponged the edges of the image with Chocolate Chip ink, then mounted onto Chocolate Chip cardstock. I cut a 3x3 full card from Old Olive cs and stamped the front with the SU! Flannel Plaid background. I then took the "HO3" sentiment from the SU! Glad Tidings set, and stamped it in a line using Chocolate Chip, Cranberry Crisp, and Old Olive ink on Very Vanilla cs. I folded the cs in half gently, then punched out the sentiment using the Word Window punch. I added gold brads to the ends, and attached it to the card. On the right side, I added a length of taupe grosgrain ribbon, tied in the center, with accents of cranberry gingham and olive stitched grosgrain. I also decided to decorate the inside of this uniquely folded card. On the inside of the 3x3 card I stamped a sentiment from the SU! Warmest Regards hostess set in Chocolate Chip ink. For the right panel, I stamped the "Happy Holidays" sentiment, also from the Glad Tidings set, in Chocolate Chip, Cranberry Crisp, and Old Olive ink repeatedly on top of each other on Very Vanilla cs. I used the 1/4 circle punch in the corners to simulate the look of the SU! Ticket Corner punch, which I have yet to purchase. I mounted the sentiment onto Cranberry Crisp and Chocolate Chip cs, and punched the corners of those pieces as well, before adhering it to the panel. I think this is such a fun layout! I am *sure* I will give it another try before the week is done, so be on the lookout! And don't forget . . . I promised you a surprise this weekend in celebration of my 1 month blogging anniversary! We're halfway there . . . .


4 comments:

Jen said...

I love the fold on this!! So creative and cute!!

love2Bcreative said...

This is super cute!! I love the printed papers you used and also how you folded it Teresa!
TFS~

texasjodylynn said...

GORGEOUS!

TSizemore said...

OMG! This is my fave card!!! I love it all! That stamp is too cute! You are so darn creative! TFS!
Toni