Happy Ellies . . . .

So, as you might recall, Tuesday is Color Challenge Day over at SCS. The colors for this week are Vintage Violet, Pixie Pink, and Sahara Sand. I was a bit perplexed as to what to do with these colors at first, but after thinking about it for awhile, I just couldn't get these little Ellies out of my head! When I first got this set I couldn't put it down, but I must admit it has been awhile since I have reached for it. But for some reason, these colors didn't say "flowers" to me like they did to so many others - shocking I know, since I am a "flowerholic"!!! But I have stamped Ellie in pink, purple, and sand before - why not put it all together??? I really wanted to make it look like the Ellies were just walking along together, happy as they could be. Unfortunately, the three of them wouldn't fit across the width of the card, so I stamped the pink and violet ones on either side of a strip of Whisper White cs, then stamped the sand Ellie on a separate piece, cut her out, and mounted her on dimensionals in between the other two. They are a *little* close . . . but they *are* the best of friends, they don't mind! I matted the white strip with violet and pink cs underneath. I also seem to always reach for my beloved Paisley background stamp with the Wild About You set for some reason. It has also been awhile since I have used Paisley *gasp*, but it is perfect here for the Sahara Sand card base. I stamped the "happy" sentiment from the Happy Everything set in Vintage Violet, and "together" in Pixie Pink on white cs, then punched it out with the word window punch. I adhered it under the "happy" using silver brads. Then for a finishing touch, I added little ribbon tabs to the top right using white grosgrain (dyed Pixie Pink), moss gingham, and violet stitched grosgrain. I think the final result is a cute, fun card for the challenge! They *do* look happy to be together, don't they? I *love* these little gals!!!

4 comments:

AJ said...

They are really cute! I love your wild about you cards!

Lisa said...

This is adorable. Great job on the challenge.

Jen said...

SO cute!!! I actually like the pixie pink in this..... :)

Alli said...

Horrible colors, hee hee! Just kidding, I absolutely love what you did with this color challenge. It looks so amazing!