Giving thanks . . . .

Well, yesterday was Thanksgiving for my Canadian friends . . . . And all that talk of turkey, potatoes, gravy, stuffing, and cranberry sauce got me thinking (and hungry - lol!). I am so thankful for the new friends I have made, and their willingness to welcome me into their group with open arms. It is so much fun chatting about new toys we want (or got!), and so nice to have people there to give you advice and support. It is wonderful to have friends to help you celebrate life's joys, and to be there when you need a hug. And it is comforting to have a place where you are able to vent about life's problems, or laugh about them too! So to all my Chatter girlies . . . thanks for being you! I saw this Hero Arts stamp on a trip into Orlando a few weeks ago, and just *had* to have it. Sheafs of wheat will always have special meaning to me, as they were one of the symbols of my college sorority. I stamped the image in Chocolate Chip ink on Very Vanilla cardstock, then accented it using More Mustard and Creamy Caramel markers. I used a Versamarker in the center, and rubbed on some Close to Cocoa chalk. I mounted it onto Chocolate Chip , and then semi-distressed Creamy Caramel cardstock. I stamped the Canvas background tone-on-tone on distressed More Mustard cardstock, and attached a piece of caramel gingham ribbon across the card. I added gold brads in the corners, and attached everything to the Close to Cocoa card base. The card actually opens from the side, for something a bit different. I am really looking forward to Thanksgiving this year. We have been invited to share it with some friends, who might as well be family to us. And I will be just a bit more mindful of all the reasons we have to be thankful this year.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Another amazing fall card. And you are the sweetest thing in the world - if you didn't know ;)
{Hugs from me}

love2Bcreative said...

Ohh! I love it Teresa and I am soo in the mood for Fall and Turkey day too!! (We have freezing warnings out for our area now! birr!!)
TFS~