Fleurs dans le Printemps . . . .

Ah, c'est Mardi . . . . Whoops - sorry about that! Sometimes my thoughts just get stuck "en francais" - lol! Umm, translation time . . . the title of this post says "Flowers in the Springtime" and that first sentence, "It's Tuesday". Anyway, it *is* Tuesday, and of course that means a new color challenge at Splitcoaststampers!!! The colors for this week are Tempting Turquoise, Blush Blossom, and Certainly Celery. I took a peek at it last night, so it was the first thing on my mind when I woke up this morning. Emily mentioned that these colors are very similar to the ones from last week (Cool Caribbean, Regal Rose, and Certainly Celery), and I agree. What completely confuses me though, is why I had such a hard time creating something for last week's challenge, and this week's came so easily for me!!! I'm *not* sure what that is all about! I'm just glad I didn't have to struggle with it this time - lol! So, I started with the focal image, which is from the On Gossamer Wings stamp set. I received this image from the IRAK group. It is stamped in Basic Brown on Very Vanilla cardstock. I used my aquapainter to watercolor the flowers with Tempting Turquoise classic ink, and Blush Blossom and Certainly Celery craft inks. I am addicted to watercoloring with craft inks, thanks to the very talented and inspired SweetMissDaisy (Anna). If you wanna see some *fabulous* artwork and photography, you should check out her blog (link at right). Anyway, after I finished watercoloring, I added some microbeads in the center of the largest flower, then sponged Chocolate Chip ink all around the edges. I mounted the image onto Tempting Turquoise, and then Chocolate Chip cardstock. Next, I took a square of Blush Blossom cs and stamped the French Script background onto it in Chocolate Chip ink, and sponged the edges of this piece as well. I adhered both pieces to the Certainly Celery card base, and added some sheer brown dotted organdy ribbon across the bottom. The card opens at the side. I intentionally left the card without a sentiment, something I *rarely* do, but I didn't feel it needed one. It breathes late spring to me, the flowers in various stages of blooming . . . . What else need I say, except enjoy?

3 comments:

texasjodylynn said...

HOLY MOLY! That is GORGEOUS!

AJ said...

Fabulous card! I signed up for a google account *just* to leave your purdy stuff comments!!! :) Now if I can just learn how to comment on the right post ;)

love2Bcreative said...

MMM!! Its just beau-T-ful Teresa!!! Love all of your detail!!
TFS~