Acorn Thanks . . . .

Well, it just goes to show you . . . . Sometimes the cards I love go completely unnoticed, and sometimes the cards I'm really unsure of are a big hit!!! I made this card yesterday, in an effort to try a "flipped" version of this week's Sketch Challenge. I thought it was okay, but I was less than thrilled with it. I peeked back at it in my gallery, and although the response was not overwhelming, those who did leave a comment are among the most talented stampers around!!! So *now* I am thrilled!!! I wasn't even going to post it here at first, but after seeing the comments in my gallery, I thought better of it. Anyway, this card features the Super Squirrel stamp set. Yup, you heard that right. Where's the squirrel you ask? Well, I actually purchased this set entirely for the leaf, acorn, and witty sentiment stamps. If the squirrel makes it onto a few cards, so be it, but I don't really have any plans for it! I was inspired by a card in Stampin' Success (SU! Demo magazine) a few months back. Anyway, I started with the Creamy Caramel piece, cut to 8 1/2" x 4", and scored at 3 1/4". I stamped the leaf image all over, inside and out, in both Creamy Caramel and Close to Cocoa ink. I inked the acorn stamp with Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip, and Garden Green markers, stamped and repeated the process to create 5 images. I cut them out using my Paper Snips (amazingly sharp and detailed scissors), then mounted them onto dimensionals. I use the "thanks" stamp from the Much Appreciated set, inked with Chocolate Chip ink, to cover a piece of Very Vanilla cs, cut into a 2 3/4" square. I then sponged the edges with Chocolate Chip ink, and mounted onto a 3x3 Chocolate Chip card, which opens at the bottom. I stamped the "give thanks" sentiment from Tiny Talk along the bottom edge of the Creamy Caramel piece, and added chocolate rikrac, adorned with caramel and chocolate gingham ribbons, to the top edge. I adhered this piece to a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card base. I adhered the acorns to the 3x3 card, then attached it to the rest of the card and added a photo turn, from the Aged Copper Hodgepodge Hardware collection, to hold it closed. Now don't get me wrong, I like the card and all, but it did not turn out at all like I had envisioned it. Oh well, I guess sometimes the best creations come to us unexpectedly!!!

1 comments:

love2Bcreative said...

I was lol as I sit here by myself reading this entry Teresa. I have not bought this stamp set yet---*but* my reasons would be exactly yours! I am sooo glad that I am not alone on this thought! LOL!!

TFS~