Too Early?


Christmas already??? I generally agree that September is definitely too early to start thinking about Christmas. There are two areas of exception however: shopping and stamping! I *always* start my Christmas shopping early. I find it much less stressful to spead it out over the course of the entire year. If I see something that is perfect for someone on my list, I purchase it. The pile in my closet grows slowly each month, and by the time December rolls around, I am ready. No last minute scrambling for this girlie (unless I *want* to)! A few years ago, I began applying this principle to my stamping. For the past two years I have participated in an annual fall craft fair at work. It runs for two days, and I use that time to complete my personal Christmas cards. I usually cut the paper beforehand, and stamp the images and assemble the cards at the fair. I usually end up with quite an audience, because I find everyone loves to see crafting in action. Anyway, my friend Jody was kind enough to send me some ribbon I had been eyeing for my Christmas cards a few weeks ago. It was completely unexpected and I was so tickled to receive it (even though she shouldn't have!!!). I have had a concept for this card milling around in my head for weeks now, and seeing that I finally have all the necessary supplies, I decided to put it to paper to see how it would turn out. Well, this is not what I had originally envisioned, but I *do* like it! I used two shades of purple (Almost Amethyst and Vintage Violet) along with silver (which is hard to make out, but is the middle large snowflake). The images are stamped on Shimmery White cs to give it an added gleam, along with the two tiny crystal blings in the center of the Amethyst snowflakes. Very dotty, n'est pas? The images from The Snowflake Spot are composed of dots, and I used the Dotted BG as well as the sheer white dotted organdy ribbon. The sentiment comes from the Glad Tidings stamp set. The card opens from the bottom. I am pleased with it, and am glad to have it all layed out a little early. Now to finish up those Halloween projects . . . .

7 comments:

galactica john said...

you need more to do don't you???

Karen said...

Very pretty!

Jacob & Sharon said...

This is gorgeous!
~Sharon

Amanda said...

I think your card rocks and you don't need to do more . . . you just need to get paid more so you can spend more on stamps :) That is my two cents anyway . . .

stampin_melissa said...

Yes, I agree with Amanda! Great card too!

texasjodylynn said...

Beautiful card Teresa!

love2Bcreative said...

Yepers...I think the color combo is just awesome!!! Love it all & it did go into my faves too!! hehe
TFS~