In The Mood . . . .

. . . to *stamp* that is!!! I am trying to distract myself from the pain I am experienceing due to a forceful little wisdom tooth. This is the third straight day of it, and I am trying to get rid of it before this evening because hubby wants to go out. Or at the very least, by tomorrow so I can go to work. <> I can't say that it is really working . . . but at least *something* productive came of it. I made this card for the Limited Supply Challenge on SCS today. We were restricted to using snowflake images in shades of brown as our focus. I chose The Snowflake Spot, and decided to go for a vintage feel - inspired by Ahnna and WAXYO. I cut a 3x3 square from Naturals Ivory cardstock and stamped the "snow" in Creamy Caramel classic ink. I then stamped the smallest snowflake in Close to Cocoa, the middle one in Chocolate Chip, and the largest snowflake in the center using Archival Brilliance Platinum for just a hint of shimmer. I added rhinestone bling to the centers of the Chocolate Chip snowflakes and used Creamy Caramel to age the edges a bit, then roughed them up using the distresser tool. I mounted the focal image on Chocolate Chip cardstock. Next I cute a 2in. strip of Creamy Caramel cs and stamped the large rectangle sentiment from Glad Tidings repeatedly as a background. I inked (using Close to Cocoa) and distressed the edges of this piece as well. I used my Chocolate Chip marker to ink just the sentiment from the "JOY" square stamp from the Glad Tidings set and stamped it in the bottom right corner of the Close to Cocoa card base. For a finishing touch, I added some ribbon loops under the focal image using caramel gingham, twill tape, and sheer brown dotted organdy ribbon. Like many of my cards lately, this one opens from the bottom. Just a little something to make things more interesting. I've never seen chocolate snow before, but that *has* to be the best kind, dont'cha think?

4 comments:

Dorinda said...

gorgeous!!!!

love2Bcreative said...

Yeahhh!!! You have a blog Teresa!! I can't wait to add you to my faves and keep up with you here too (just like I do on SCS!!) *wink wink*

I, too, am 'trying' to start a blog---just need to figure it all out!! lol

Jennie said...

Wow! That's beautiful :) I love the brown snowflakes, and the big ol' silver one is gorgeous in the middle.

Lisa said...

This is so pretty. Really good enough to eat. I don't have a snow flake set. It's on my wish list. This is just stunning!