Doughnuts, anyone???


I love a challenge! At SCS there is a different challenge for every day of the week! I think they are great, because it inspires me to try something new, and can get the rubber rolling if I am stuck for an idea. Plus, I accumulate lots of cards for RAKing!!! Anyway, Wednesday is Sketch Challenge day and this week, Roxie issued a bonus challenge - to make a doughnut card! I had seen one or two in the gallery, but had never given it a go myself. Well, last night I became inspired and this morning I got the chance to put it to paper. I won the Perennial Favorites stamp set and Four Seasons as my prize for a contest I won second place in at SCS. I love the rich colors, and I think they are perfect for creating these little four card sets. The cards are actually 4x4, but are mounted on a 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 piece of naturals ivory cardstock. I cut adhered the 1x4 strips of designer series paper and then punched the 1 1/4 circles. So the holes go all the way through the card - neat! I used a mixture of craft and classic inks, and added some colored brads in the bottom corners for just a little something extra. These are *really* simple cards, but I like how they turned out. For a complete list of products used, please visit my Splitcoast gallery.

2 comments:

Alli said...

These cards are just awesome Teresa. I love the simplicity of them, but they really catch the eye.

Jennie said...

Great set of cards, Teresa!
Adorable :)