Hope these little guys didn't scare you! I think they're just too cute, and the *perfect* size I realized last night when I sat down to attempt my very first waterfall card!!! Yes, that's right . . . this is my first waterfall card! I was inspired to try one due to this week's Technique challence at SCS. While I am *addicted* to the weekly color and sketch challenges, I rarely venture into the others. I'm not entirely sure why, but I have kind of been in a stamping "mood" lately, and last night I decided to try to break out of it. This was the result . . . . Both my daughter and I are happy with the outcome. She thinks it is a toy, and really wants me to make another one, because I won't let her keep it. I'm happy because it looks good, *and* it didn't take forever to make! I was shocked at this, because I had convinced myself that they were impossible (yes, even though I had never *tried* making one before). The folks at Splitcoaststampers provided some pretty fool-proof instructions - if you haven't made a waterfall card yet, you oughta give it a try!!! Anyway, first things first . . . . I started with a Basic Black standard card base, and cut the Halloween Night designer series (ds) paper to fit and adhered it to the card front, leaving an 1/8 in. border. I then cut Only Orange cardstock in 9x2 in. and 3/4x4 in. pieces. The 9x2 piece is scored at 2in., 2 3/4in., 3 1/2in., and 4 1/4in. The white cardstock is cut into 1 7/8in. squares, and stamped with Witchie Poo, Frankie, Mummie, and Drac (short for Drac C. Ula - the "C" stands for cool!). I watercolored the images using my aquapainter and SU! classic inks in Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Vintage Violet, and Sahara Sand. I also used the black neutral Watercolor Wonder Crayon. Then I mounted the little guys (and gals) onto 2x2in. squares. Here's where it gets (a little) tricky! The smaller orange strip is adhered to the card using *only* the black vintage brads - you cannot use adhesive! So I attached it about 1/2in. up from the bottom of the ds paper. I then threaded the long, unscored portion of the larger orange strip through behind the smaller strip. I lined up the bottom of the shorter, scored portion with the smaller strip and adhered them together. I started with Drac, and adhered him to the first section on the long strip. Here is where it gets a little more tricky! The next, and all subsequent images, are *only* adhered at the top portion of the image. I just used one strip of adhesive here. So, Mummie is next, and I adhered her head to the next scored section on the long orange strip. Then came Frankie, and of course, Witchie Poo! I wanted to add a little ribbon to finish off the card (BIG surprise - lol!), so I pulled out the Vintage Violet stitched grosgrain I received as an IRAK from StampingSpud (thanks!) and tied two pieces around the small orange strip. Well, the inside of the larger orange strip looked really bare when it was pulled out, so I decided to add a hidden sentiment. I couldn't use the one from the Booglie Eyes stamp set, because those images are an IRAK too - from willosmama (AJ) at SCS, and I wanted the message to be stamped directly on the strip. After much deliberation, I decided to use *both* of the Halloween sentiments I own, from the Trick or Treat and Hey, Ghoul Friend sets. I also wanted to add a little something to hint that the larger orange strip needs to be pulled down in order to put the card into action, but instead of putting an eyelet with ribbon or cord pulled through and hanging down, I opted for a simple piece of tied black ginham ribbon. I *think* is is subtle enough, but still gets the point across! So, that's it - I tried something new (which I will *definitely* try again) and I had fun doing it, so maybe now I can get back to my regularly scheduled stamping!