Another day, another challenge

Well, today is Wednesday . . . . At SCS, that means a new Sketch Challenge - yippee! Today's challenge was quite interesting and well, challenging! I decided to take this opportunity to showcase the new DaisyD's patterned paper I got this week at a local scrapbook store (LSS). It is from the Harvest Gypsy line, and I love the rich, textured look it has. I wanted to incorporate that texture into my card, so I began with stamping the Linen background from Stampin UP! in Very Vanilla craft ink onto the So Saffron base card. I then embossed it using clear embossing powder (ep). The result is a texture you cannot only see, but also feel! You can get a better look at it by clicking on the card. I then cut panels from the patterned paper according to the sketch proportions and mounted them onto Basic Black cardstock. On the center floral panel I stamped the sentiment from Best Blossoms in Versamark clear ink, then embossed using black ep. I adhered the panels to the card base, and added black vintage brads in the lower left and upper right corners. The result - a very simple, yet elegant card, full of rich color and touchable texture!

1 comments:

love2Bcreative said...

I love all of your detail in this card Teresa---it is just soo pretty!!
TFS~